When you’re serious about creating music, you need monitor speakers that will reveal all of the flaws in your tracks and mixes. Eris professional studio monitors deliver the truth, thanks to very accurate response, tight bass, and clear upper end.
As you expect from PreSonus, they use quality components, are well constructed, and deliver professional audio quality. They’re lightweight and compact and look as professional as they sound.
But what really sets them apart from comparably priced systems are pro features such as user controls that allow you to tailor the speakers’ response to your needs.
All Eris speakers provide three EQ controls in their Acoustic Tuning section: High, Mid, and Low Cutoff. These controls enable you to fine-tune the monitors and even to broadly approximate the sounds of different types of speakers so you can hear what your mix might sound like, for instance, on a car stereo or portable radio. The Low control also is useful when using the Eris with a subwoofer.
With three different types of audio inputs, it’s easy to feed audio to your Eris monitors from a mixer, an interface, a media player, or almost any other line-level source.
The Eris E5 and E8 provide balanced XLR, balanced ¼” TRS, and unbalanced RCA line-level inputs. When both balanced connections are in use, the TRS input will supersede the XLR input. The RCA input is summed into the signal path.
With this selection, you’ll have no problem hooking your Eris speakers up with virtually any line-level source. (If your signal source has unbalanced, ¼” TS outputs, simply use a ¼”-to-RCA adapter or adapter cable.)
- 4.5-inch (E4.5) / 5.25-inch (E5) / 8-inch (E8) Kevlar® low-frequency transducer
- 1-inch (25 mm), ultra-low-mass, silk-dome, high-frequency transducer
- Front-firing (E5 , E8) / rear-firing (E4.5) acoustic port for superior bass-frequency reproduction
- Optimized, resonance-suppressing internal bracing
- 100 dB (E4.5) / 102 dB (E5) /105 dB (E8) maximum continuous SPL
- HF Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Midrange Driver Adjust (±6 dB, continuously variable)
- Acoustic Space settings (flat, -2, -4 dB) for accurate mixing contour
- Highpass filter (Off, 80 Hz, 100 Hz)