- Premium ultra-low noise, high headroom mixer
- 4 state-of-the-art, phantom-powered XENYX Mic Preamps comparable to stand-alone boutique preamps
- 4 studio-grade compressors with super-easy "one-knob" functionality and control LED for professional vocal and instrumental sound
- "Wireless-ready" for high-quality Behringer digital wireless system (not included)
- Built-in stereo USB/Audio Interface to connect directly to your computer. Free audio recording, editing and podcasting software plus 150 instrument/effect plug-ins downloadable at behringer.com
- Neo-classic "British" 3-band EQs for warm and musical sound
- 2 aux sends per channel: 1 pre fader for monitoring applications, 1 post fader for external FX devices
- Clip LEDs and mute/alt 3-4 function on all channels
- 2 subgroups with separate outputs for added routing flexibility
- 2 multi-functional stereo aux returns with flexible routing
- Balanced main mix outputs with gold-plated XLR connectors plus separate control room, headphones and 2-track outputs
- Control room/phones outputs with multi-input source matrix
- Long-wearing 60-mm logarithmic-taper faders and sealed rotary controls
- "Planet Earth" switching power supply for maximum flexibility (100
- 240 V~), noise-free audio, superior transient response plus low power consumption for energy saving
- 3-Year Warranty Program*
- Designed and engineered in Germany
The compact Q1204USB mixer allows you to effortlessly achieve premium-quality sound, thanks to its 4 onboard studio-grade XENYX Mic Preamps and ultra-musical “British” channel EQs. And our easy-to-use “one-knob” compressors provide total dynamic control for the ultimate in punch and clarity, while respecting all the power and emotion you pack into every note. Add to this, the sweet forgiveness of our British-style EQs and “Wireless-ready” performance of our high-quality ULM digital Wireless Microphone System (mic not included) – and the Q1204USB becomes an incredibly versatile mixer for your live performances. But the XENYX Q1204USB isn’t just designed to handle your live gigs; it also provides the state-of-the-art tools you need to make stunning, professional-quality recordings. Along with its built-in USB/audio interface, the Q1204USB mixer comes with all the recording and editing software needed to turn your computer system into your own personal high-performance home recording studio.
Sonically Superior Mic Preamps
The XENYX Q1204USB gets its name from our legendary, high headroom XENYX mic preamps, which have been praised by audio engineers all over the world. These state-of-the-art mic pres represent a major step in the evolution of audio technology – and they can easily hold their own, even when compared to the most expensive stand-alone mic preamps. XENYX preamps off er a staggering 130 dB of dynamic range, with a bandwidth that extends from below 10 Hz to well above 200 kHz. Armed with these outstanding mic preamps, the XENYX Q1204USB provides such transparent, crystal-clear performance you just might think someone upgraded your mics while you weren’t looking.
Ask professional sound engineers what their favorite piece of external processing gear is and the majority response will be virtually unanimous – dynamic compression. What is compression? We’re glad you asked. Compression essentially limits the dynamic range of a signal, lowering the level of loud sounds and turning up softer sounds, to achieve sonic balance. But applying compression is a delicate art that many novice, and even intermediate, sound techs fi nd challenging. Our “one-knob” compression is available on all mono channels and is easy to operate, even for entry-level users. With this one knob, you can easily dial in the perfect amount of compression for instruments and vocals, creating powerful mixes with punch and clarity. This is indeed a rare feature for products in this class – but standard on the XENYX Q1204USB mixer.
Sublimely Musical British EQ
The British consoles of the 1960s and ‘70s changed the sound of rock and roll – without them the British Invasion might not have happened. Those legendary mixing desks soon became the envy of engineers and producers all over the world. The channel EQ on our XENYX Q1204USB is based on that very same circuitry, allowing you to imbue signals with incredible warmth and detailed musical character. Even when applied generously, these equalizers exhibit sweet forgiveness and superb audio quality.
There was a time when the recording process called for lots and lots of expensive gear, which meant the average musician had to buy time at a recording studio – and that time was pricey indeed. But modern technology has put personal recording well within the reach of virtually anyone with access to a computer. How do you get all that music fl ying around your brain into your computer? That’s where the XENYX Q1204USB comes in. Thanks to the built-in, bi-directional stereo USB audio interface, you can connect any of these mixers directly to your PC or Mac computer via a single USB cable. Now any signal source you connect to the mixer can be recorded directly to your hard drive. Which brings us to software
Free Software Would Be Nice!
Because you’ll want to take full advantage of the XENYX Q1204USB’s recording and podcasting potential, we’ve included all the software you’ll need for audio recording, editing and even podcasting – all free of charge and downloadable from behringer.com. You’ll be ready to go live on your PC or Mac right out of the box! We’ve also provided a free download of more than 150 virtual instruments and FX plug-ins – turning your computer into a powerful home-based or mobile recording studio from input to output
No matter what your audio mixing needs, the Q1204USB provides the performance and features that can take your talent to the next level, at a price that is sure to amaze you. Professional sound quality, our legendary XENYX mic preamps and easy-to-use “one-knob” compressors, British EQs and built-in USB connectivity make the Q1204USB ideal for both your live gigs and recording. Try one on today – we have one available in your size!