The AC-22LX presents a new concept in acoustic amplification, bringing you a full-immersion playing experience realized through advanced BOSS spatial technology. Air Feel breathes life into the dry, sterile sound of standard acoustic instrument pickups, recreating the richly detailed tones captured by classic stereo acoustic microphone setups in world-class studio settings. The AC-22LX’s inspiring voice projects far beyond its compact size, infusing your amplified sound with depth, dimension, and natural acoustic resonance.
- Compact amplifier for acoustic-electric guitars and other pickup-equipped acoustic instruments
- Innovative Air Feel feature recreates stereo microphone setups, producing inspiring acoustic sound with depth, dimension, and natural resonance
- Small, easy-to-carry design with two custom-designed 5-inch twin-cone speakers
- 10-watt stereo power amp (5 watts x 2)
- Guitar/Instrument channel with three-band EQ and dedicated Reverb and Reverb & Chorus effects
- Mic channel with XLR input, phantom power, two-band EQ, and dedicated Reverb effect
- Five Air Feel settings: Dry, XY, AB, ORTF, and Mid-Side
- 15 memories for storing and recalling sound setups
- Onboard Rhythm Box with 15 patterns
- Customize pattern types with 119 selections in the AC-22LX Editor
- Built-in looper (requires optional footswitch)
- Stereo line output with Air Feel
- Stereo aux input for music playback
- USB audio interface with Loopback for recording and livestreaming
- Runs on included AC adaptor or eight AA batteries
- AC-22LX Editor app (macOS/Windows/iOS/Android) for deep sound editing
Premium Amplification for Acoustic Stringed Instruments
The AC-22LX offers amazingly natural sound reproduction in a portable stereo amplifier. The compact and attractive cabinet is equipped with two custom twin-cone speakers, providing expansive stereo tones for home playing. From acoustic-electric guitar to ukulele, violin, banjo, and other pickup-equipped stringed instruments, the AC-22LX and Air Feel deliver the ultimate personal amplification experience for serious acoustic players.
Capturing Natural Acoustic Sound
Many elements contribute to the rich, complex sound of acoustic stringed instruments, including the soundboard, body resonances, and more. In recording situations, stereo microphone setups are used to capture this combined sound along with the surrounding room ambience. Using a variety of time-tested techniques, an experienced audio engineer will carefully position the mics to create the right balance for a song or playing style. Unfortunately, instrument microphones are not practical for most amplified playing situations due to feedback and other issues. The Air Feel technology in the AC-22LX erases these limitations, bringing authentic studio microphone sound to acoustic amplification for the first time.
Multi-Dimensional Tone with Air Feel
Born of intensive BOSS sound research and advanced processing technologies, Air Feel transforms your pickup’s sound with acoustic richness and dimension never possible until now. Simply plug in and enjoy your instrument’s natural acoustic character at performance volumes—without the need for microphones and audio engineering skills.
Air Feel Types
Dry—Unprocessed tone that amplifies the direct pickup sound.
XY—Recreates a coincident pair technique that uses two mics placed in an XY pattern. This focused stereo sound provides a good balance between the strings and body resonance, making it ideal for rhythmic chord strumming and muted playing.
AB—Recreates a spaced-pair mic technique for a wide stereo sound with naturally expanded acoustic resonance. This big, full presentation is great for solo guitar and fingerpicking styles.
ORTF—This special stereo mic technique combines elements of the XY and space-pair approaches. It produces a focused tone with increased depth and body resonance.
Mid-Side—This classic technique produces a well-defined sound with a wide stereo spread. It adds a sense of distance, providing a nice ensemble blend with vocals and other instruments.